Sunday, January 14, 2007

Benefits

I am frustrated because people are fighting in court to take away my same-sex partner benefits as offered by the public schools. They say, "using public funds for same-sex partner benefits violates Michigan's Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)". Granted this is nothing new--this case has a history dating back to 2003 (I think). It was, however, heard/rehashed in the Michigan Supreme Court this past week. If I could find a decent article about it I would know more. It is so frustrating that people are working to take away benefits from a small, small group of people (I think only 12 couples in the whole district). People should be fighting to ensure more people in our district are insured. I don't want to lose my benefits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home