Sunday, January 14, 2007

Book

Copied from An Accident of Hope:

Find the nearest book.
Name the author & title.
Turn to page 123.
Post sentences 6-8.
Tag 3 people.

Searching for Mary Poppins: Women Write About the Intense Relationship Between Mothers and Nannies; by: Susan Davis and Gina Hyams.

"Such a strong and long relationship should not have come to such a poignant and abrupt end, and that end should not have been influenced as much as it was by the world outside our home. A childcare provider whose own upbringing had been more flexible might not have Allison's strong work ethic. She might also not have had her innate sense that one system of belief, and only one, was right" (123).

I'm only 17 pages into this book. I like the book; I should go read it now. My mom gave it to me for Christmas. It shows she is really paying attention to the type of books I like, generally non-fiction. One year she actually gave me a book entitled Bitch--for Christmas! I thought it was passive aggressive...well, maybe minus the passive. We are getting along much better now.

Off to read!

P.S. I don't know how one "tags" someone; I would probably skip it any way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home