Thursday, March 29, 2007

Rewind

Gather the Women http://www.gatherthewomen.org/gtw/index.htm was an event I attended on St. Patricks Day. We celebrated the maiden, mother, and crone through various activities. One included choosing Medicine Cards, by: Jamie Sams & David Carson, for each (your maiden, mother, and crone).

For my maiden I choose the porcupine..."remind me, of innocence again, with every man a brother, each woman a friend...Your task is to find the pathway that is most beneficial for you and that uses your greatest talents...the reminder is, not to get caught in the chaos of the adult world where, fear, greed, and suffering are commonplace" (S & C 85-86).

For my mother I choose the rabbit, "...that they call those very fears to them to teach them lessons. What you resist will persist...What you fear most is what you will become...Stop talking about horrible things happening & get rid of "what if" in your vocabulary" (S & C 158).

For my crone I choose the salmon..."keeper of inner knowing, illuminate all that I can see, fill me with the love of learning, life's sacred wisdom offered to me" (S & C 232).

I mention the Medicine Cards because my experience with them prompted spiritual growth, a wonderful encounter, and amazing generosity. How can I explain this simply? Well, I was out of town the very next morning after Gather the Women, so, when B&M asked me what I wanted to do while on my visit (um, I really can't believe I thought I was going to stay with anyone else), I explained the type of store I thought I could find these cards at. M found two options; a couple days later B, M, and I went to check out the stores. The first store was it for me. I walked right in and found what I had come for (ooh, but did I want to pay $30 for it)?

As an afterthought I asked the owner of the store (B2) if she had anything for fertility (I'm not f-ing pregnant by the way...on to injectables...more on that later). I was thinking something like a statue for my alter. B2 asked me if I had ever done any pendulum work; I had not. To make a long story short the pendulum thing worked for me. I spent some time gathering crystals for my fertility medicine bag, at which time, I had become very attached to the pendulum I was working with (the pendulum was $29). These things were adding up, and you can imagine that someone who had not worked since November had no business buying the $30 cards let alone anything else. But, I'll do just about (okay I don't know how to cross out words so just imagine that I crossed out the two words--just about) anything in the name of fertility, so, I was willing to shell out the dough. Well, B&M treated me to all the things I had selected!! Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you B&M.

The encounter with B2 was wonderful. I had an instant love for her. I pray everyday that our paths cross again...soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home